Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's times like these...

Yesterday wasn't such a good day. We got some bad news regarding my dads business (which my brother is now running, but my mom owns), this together with a few other personal things (not involving N & I) and I was not doing too well. The tears flowed while on the phone with N, explaining all that had happened and what might follow. The reality of life is very difficult sometimes and as much as I always want to fix everything that's wrong in my little world, there are some things that I can't do alone. Its times like these when I realise how thankful I am for having N in my life. She constantly reassures me that everything will be ok, and no matter what happens we will deal with it. I love her positivity and the way in which she approaches my concerns and sadness's. She has stood by me, supported me and picked me up in these past 17 months of uncertainty, hurt and anger. I cherish her love, honesty, her positive outlook on life and I know that we have made the right decision in sharing our lives and getting married.

I was going over some wedding things today, and I realised that in just over a month my dress is going to start been made. I have not chosen a ready made wedding dress since I saw an Amy Michelson one that I fell in love with. Now I don't love all the aspects of the dress but the majority of it is gorgeous. Things I want to change are:

* Different straps on the back
* Lower back
* The shape of the neck line, I want it to look less like a halter
* Shape - A mixture of sheath and mermaid
* No gathers by the bum area

Here's it is




I like the shape of this dress

Other dresses that I love





I don't like strapless dresses, since I'm quite small on top. I'd be nervous that it would fall down so I'd constantly be conscious of it and try pulling it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment