Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Mom

Yesterday morning I took my mom to her specialist doctor for a check-up and to find out if she can get on to Interferon now that she has a full medical aid and her 1 year waiting period is over. Luckily the doc says she's a good candidate for the medication but its very difficult to get on to it since the cost is so high. Although the medical aid will cover the cost, they require books of forms and motivational information before giving the go-ahead. So I'm holding thumbs!

I was also interviewed telephonically yesterday by a company that is doing medical trials. I prefer them to talk to me than to my mom as she gets confused with the questions easily. The trials are for Laquinimod, which sounds quite good from the research that I've done. The interview went well and I was told that my mom meets all the requirements and will go through to the next stage. The next stage is to get another MRI and blood tests, done at their expense. After all that we will be told if my mom qualifies for the two year medical trial medication.

So we have two good options. I hope that at least one comes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment