Quite a bit has been happening, if not in my life then in the lives of my friends. But firstly I have fantastic news. A few months ago I asked N if she had any thoughts on surnames for after we're married. I told her that I didn't want to change my surname as I'd like to keep it in honour of my late dad. I said I would love it if she took mine but that I'd completely understand if she wanted to keep hers rather. So on Friday she told me that she'd thought about it and that she would like to take my surname! I am so happy that we're going to be sharing a surname, I can't even explain excitement!
Unfortunately that good news was followed by bad news for my friend J. J lived in UK for a few years and when she returned to South Africa her boyfriend followed a few months later. He had a contract with the company that he worked for and they agreed that he could do his job from here just as well as from there but only for a year (May '08 - May '09). So on Friday afternoon I get a call from her and she is hysterical. They broke up on Thursday and he said he was going back home. He booked himself a flight back for Friday night and he actually left. She was in a state. She's been on calming meds since Friday and doesn't seem to be improving. I think it was just so sudden and unexpected. My heart broke for her. I hope that she sees the brighter side soon enough.
On a brighter note, Valentines Day was really good. It started off with me getting a gorgeous bunch of white roses (I don't like red at all). We then took my mom to watch He's Just Not That Into You, which wasn't soo good, then we went for lunch. In the afternoon we went for a long walk - 10kms! It seemed like it took forever. Later on when we had energy again I made brownies for dessert before N could start with dinner. She first ran me a bubble bath, complete with candles and wine. She then proceeded to cook the most divine meal - naked (just with an apron on). She made Prawn Cocktail and the most delicious Creamy Cajun Chicken and Mushroom Pasta. All in all it was a great day.
On Sunday we went to go look at shoe's and surprise surprise found nothing. I found one gorgeous pair (black satin peep toe) but the heel was far too high and would've made me 10 - 12 cm taller than N, so that was a no. My search continues...
Not surprisingly I didn't loose any weight this week. I actually gained 900grams. Disgusting! I ate bad things and didn't exercise enough. I'm hoping this week will be better.
In other news, the friends of ours (Y & V) that recently got engaged have set a date. April 2010 will be their turn to tie the knot. Obviously I'm so excited, since I love weddings and especially since it will be a gay wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment