Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Babies

It seems everywhere I look lately people are having or trying to have babies. A colleague at work is pregnant, tons of blogs I've come across lately are about couples TTC, and now a friend of mine and her girlfriend (or soon to be wife) are hoping to get pregnant soon. It's all too much for me! I must be the only one left that doesn't want children. N on the other hand loves children and I'm sure would love a son but I'm just not quite there yet (actually I doubt I'll ever be in that place). I don't like children much, not too sure why, but I just can't picture myself as a mother. Maybe my priorities and mindset will change when we get married but I very much doubt it. A colleague of mine has suggested that I might feel that I have enough responsibility with looking after my mom and thus not wanting to take on any more. Sounds logical to me! N and I have spoken about the possibility of never having children and she is fine with it, although I know she's just hoping that one day I'll have a desperate need to have a child. Who knows what the future holds......

No comments:

Post a Comment