Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back to baking - Part 1

It feels like forever since I lasted baked something tastey. Since I've been at home a lot more I've been trying to make interesting meals and snacks for N to take to work but unfortunately my intentions were better than my actions. Last night I gathered up my remaining energy from the lazy day and made muffins. Half way through the recipe I realised that I didn't have some ingredients and ended up changing the whole recipe, and much to my surprise it was a success!

Peanut Butter and Oats Muffins

1 cup Flour
4ml Baking Powder
4ml Baking Soda
2ml Salt
1ml Cinnamon
3/4 cup Oats
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 Egg
1/3 - 1/2 cup Milk


Combine the dry ingredients, add the wet, mix well to form a stiff batter. Alow to stand for 5 min (I always do this when baking with oats, it allows time for them to soften a bit). Spoon into muffin tins. Bake for approx. 15 min on 180°C. Makes approx. 10 depending on size.

No comments:

Post a Comment