Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Which smelly?

Today I smelt just about every perfume that's available (well almost I'm sure). There's such a variety out there but I managed to narrow it down to three lovely scents. There's a few more that I liked but not wedding-worthy.

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

Soft, floral and feminine. A pretty fragrance but more of an everyday scent, not a special occasion perfume I don't think.













Essence by Narciso Rodriguez
..
A powdery, fresh, floral but musky fragrance. I'm not one for musk at all but it works well. At first its very overpowering but after at least 30 min it settles in beautifully. One drawback is that its an expensive perfume, the starting price being R1150











.


Infusion D'Iris by Prada

Fresh, clean, pure, crisp and simply gorgeous! I love this and would go with it in a heart beat but two things hold me back - it doesn't stay well at all (if I could figure out how to make the fragrance last all day I'd get it) and in my mind its not really a fragrance for a wedding.








...

Am I wrong in thinking that you should wear something floral or a scent that evokes romanticism for a wedding?? I think I probably am.

1 comment:

  1. Based on on your comments, it looks like you've chosen the Essence for it's lasting and the way it stands out as something special! Scrimp on something else - the beauty of perfume is that it's a purchase for more than one day! (I love the chanel perfumes because they last for AGES - I think it's because they're one of the only houses that still hires a nose.)

    My two cents: Get something that makes you feel beautiful (however you envisage beauty) and that won't fade too quickly!

    ReplyDelete