Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No branding for me!

Just as N suspected I opted out of getting the tattoo. It's not at all that I don't love her enough to do it, I just really don't like the idea of something stuck on my body for the rest of my life. She was a bit disappointed but she's decided that she's still going to be getting a tattoo this weekend. I'll post pic's once its done.

2 comments:

  1. My fiance had my name tattoed on his forearm a few months ago and I was really quie suprised as it was his first tattoo. I was honoured he chose his first to be of my name and I realised it really truly meant we were going to be together forever. It made it more real and I felt so comforted to know he had such trust in us to do that (of course we must have this trust in order to get married but everyone has their doubts come close to wedding day).

    I've been asked if I would do the same, by him and by friends and I've definitely considered doing something more symobolic like a swallow with two wedding bands. I have a number of tattoos already and I'm happy to add another to my visual memories.

    When my beloved asked the tattoo artist if he thought it was a good idea the heavily tattoed man replied: "I have the names of all the loves of my life on my body and they are there as a sign of my past and all the things and people who made me who I am now."

    Don't ever get a tattoo if you're not ready, but also don't be frightened by the concept of "branding" as it's only a brand if you make it one. Call it a declaration of love instead :) You can also get it somwhere hidden (like a small heart or letter behind your ear or on your hip. One only N will ever truly see and appreciate.)

    But then again tattoos arn't for everyone so there is no reason for you to do it at all if you're not that way inclined :)

    Wishing N the best of luck with her ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been considering getting tattoos for close to 20 years now (we've been together almost 23 yrs...we were only 14 when we got together) but we've never been brave enough to do it. the past year the whole idea came up again and now we're really considering it. now that we're 37 we figure we are old enough to make the right decision. but the final decision has not yet been made. we'll probably keep this idea going for another 20 yrs :)

    ReplyDelete