Last night we tried to work out who needs to pay what and when for the wedding. We couldn't come to any definite answers since I don't know what the exact amount of my salary will be, since we didn't receive increases, the tax is totally different now due to some new law and my medical aid has increased significantly. So at the end of the month we'll work it out.
We also tried to decide on the final honeymoon place, the place the we'll be staying at for the last two nights. We agreed on two gorgeous places - luxurious and right by the beach. Now I just have to wait for the quotes to come in.
My mom isn't doing well at all. She's been in tears the last two days, she says she feels so terrible and her legs don't want to work. So this morning I called her doctor that deals with her MS but it seems he's a bit difficult to get hold of. I left a message with the reliable accounts lady, who also explained their progress in getting my mom onto Interferon. Apparently its going to take quite a while still, so I suggested that my mom get her usual Cortisone treatment, since its been 7 months since she last received it and that will definitely pep her up a bit. I wish there would be some miracle drug that would just make her totally well. I hate seeing her like this, it breaks my heart having her so upset and not being able to do anything about it.
On Monday it's my brothers 35th birthday, so his girlfriend, B, has arranged a surprise party for him tomorrow. She's arranged a couple of his friends that live far away to come as well, so he'll be happy about that. My mom is also going to go so I think she'll enjoy being out for the day. My mom is a social person - the total opposite of me, so she loves being around people. I can happily go for months without socializing with groups of people, I never feel comfortable at big gatherings and places like clubs. I used to enjoy it when I was younger, but I suppose I've changed as I've got older.
On Thursday 12th March it would have been my dad's birthday. He would have turned 57. It will be a sad day for all of us, especially my mom. Last year she took it very badly. She called me at work barely able to speak through the crying, so I quickly left, got her a big bunch of flowers and sat with her for a while. So not wanting things to go like that again, I've invited my brother, his girlfriend and her daughter for dinner. This should give my mom something to look forward to and not be too upset about what the day means to us.
I haven't been sleeping well again so this morning I was up before the sun, and I was watching N for a while. I'm loving her more and more everyday. She's everything and more than I could ask for.
It's good of you to take care of your mom the way you do. Never mind I'm sure she'll cheer up a bit with the birthday party.
ReplyDeleteTake care and have a wonderful weekend.
I'm sorry to hear your mom is struggling, you are such a good daughter for always taking care of her. I know how hard being a caregiver can be and you are doing awesome. Doctors drive me crazy, they think Tess is having seizures, had her go through a bunch of testing and then can't get her in until mid april. Its crap. I'm so glad that you have such a great love in your life you deserve it!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much to both of you for your comments.
ReplyDeleteDoctors drive me crazy too! I'm sorry to hear about Tess, surely they should see how serious these sort of things are and give her the attention that she needs and deserves. It annoys me so much when they simply can't fit a person in, when its something serious like seizures they should make an exception. You're doing a great job as well. You take care of Tess so well. She's very lucky to have you.