Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's almost weekend for some of us

I'm so happy that N and I have taken tomorrow off, we've got a load of things to get done but at least we'll be on our own time and not at work.

Just as soon as our money came into our bank accounts yesterday it left again. We paid an instalment to the photographer and the DJ, plus we paid deposits for the last two honeymoon places. It was amazing that on Thursday with all my panic about our budget that things took a turn for the better. When I got home N told me the good news, she had gotten her Christmas bonus, which her company had promised to pay throughout the year (we hadn't relied on it at all though since the economy is looking so bleak we figured they wouldn't pay it out). So that was a such a blessing.

I've been going through some idea's for our wedding ceremony. In the beginning I hadn't paid much attention to it since I figured it would be so quick (as per our request) that it wasn't worth putting too much effort into it. But now I've changed my mind (what a shocker!). I've been going through the programs which I've made but not yet printed as well as idea's for ceremony decor. Although our venue is beautiful the chapel is not the nicest which is another reason why I wasn't thrilled to put too much into it. I've come up with a few good idea's thanks to a Project Wedding bio that I found so maybe we'll get a couple of things this weekend and see if the idea's will work.

Last night I got a few DIY things done but not much. N had her "boys" night which turned into a long night. She got home late and drunk (very unlike her, since neither of us drink often or much). So the night was very restless and neither of us got much sleep. But this morning she assured me that she had such a good time so it was well worth it.

My mom isn't doing too well. She's been having a lot of pain in her stomach but she seems to thing its something more gynaecological than anything else. So she went to the doctor yesterday and he did blood tests. We'll probably get the results in early next week.

I had a surprising phone call this morning. My friend Y (the bridesmaid who I got the feeling wasn't interested in been in the wedding party) called to catch up. I thought she was going to tell me that she can't pay for her dress or something but she didn't. She was friendly and we chatted about all sorts of things including her wedding next year April. She wants something low-key so I hope it works out well for her. Obviously I offered my help if she needed but I think she wants to do everything by herself (sound familiar?).

Talking about friends, J (my maid of honour) is coming over for dinner tomorrow night and I'm really looking forward to it. We have so much catching up to do and I've got loads of wedding stuff to show her as well. She's got such a good heart, she always wants to help with DIY stuff (and anything else) but being such a perfectionist I tend to discourage it as much as possible. I'm sure I can find some other stuff for her to do.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are moving right along. Hope everything comes back good for your mom. It is so awesome when money you weren't counting on shows up, gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete