Monday, March 9, 2009

The search is finally over!

Well you wouldn't believe it - the first bridal shoe place that I went to I found my shoes! It's so strange since they're the opposite of what I was looking for. Firstly they're bridal shoes, which I was totally against, secondly they're white, thirdly they're not flat, they have a heel and lastly they were quite expensive. I bought them because they're comfortable, so cute and they can be dyed to any colour after the wedding. The heel isn't too high, but N is still a bit shorter than me.





The party for my brother on Saturday afternoon was quite nice. He was happy that we came and didn't expect us. It was also a very informative party, if you even get something like that. His girlfriend told us that they're going to start trying for a baby. They've been together for years, but we figured they'd get married first. She says they want to have a baby first then get married as they don't have enough money to get married now........um........ does anyone have a clue how expensive it is to have a baby?! Then she told us of possible wedding plans, plans of a destination wedding, they were thinking of Mozambique. Anyway the next bit of news was that a friend of ours is pregnant. It's their second child and they're so happy. Is everyone having babies??
..
As for my mom - we had a big argument on Friday night. We were both in tears and at a loss for a solution but we still hugged and told each other that we love each other at the end of the night. I've mentioned before that my mom is a stubborn woman. She'll probably need to go into hospital for her treatment but she refuses to go. She says it reminds her too much of my dad, cos when she used to have to go to hospital before my dad passed away, he would visit her everyday (as would I) and I think she'd look forward to him coming. Anyway this argument lasted for ages and she said such horrible things, things like I'll never understand because I'll never be married to a man and have that connection, I quickly replied back that I'll never have a man in my life to which she said she's sorry she didn't mean to say that. I know she felt bad and I know that she didn't mean what she said. She apologised again for what she had said. I made a point to mention that N is my partner that I will share my life with but didn't want to rub the marriage issue in, although she knows all too well that we are going to be married. Drama drama!
..
Yesterday we didn't do much, we did make such a tasty lunch though. Roast chicken, focaccia bread, coleslaw, roast baby onions........hmm it was good. Oh and I also made scones in the morning, mainly because my mom loves scones. So we had scones and coffee out in the glorious sunshine for breakfast.
..
We usually have our meals with my mom since she lives right next to us. We have two houses on our property, one is hers and the other N & I share.
..
As far as the wedding DIY is going we have to still make the tissue paper flowers for the letters that are going to be hung from the balcony in the reception area, and that's about it, oh and the remainder of the hanging luminaries. Actually I think there might be a couple more things that we may have to do. Last night I personalised the bridesmaids manicure sets (part of their gifts), it's not fancy but just a bit nicer than leaving it plain I think.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment