We accomplished a lot this weekend.
On Friday I went for a Placecol Soft Laser Facial which was so good since I haven't been for a facial in years. It was short, only 30 min but the benefits are pretty good. I've made appointments for a few more - I'll be doing two a month for optimal benefits. Lets hope I actually do see a difference.
On Saturday I was up early. I had to get my hair permanently straightened again so was off to the salon for the 4 1/2 hour treatment. Luckily this only gets done every six months, and only to my roots. This was the result:
Once that was done. N and I went to get my mom curtains (she's wanted to change them for a while so when I saw some really nice one's she asked me to get them for her). Then a quick trip to the mall where we got her shirt for the wedding and found two suits. They weren't in her size since she's a bit smaller than the majority of men that buy suits, so they'll get them in for her to try on.
.....
On Sunday we went to buy the wooden rods and all the accessories for my mom's new curtains. I thought this would be a quick job - measure, drill holes, attach brackets then rods and put up curtains. Apparently I was very wrong! Since we had to put up 13 curtains and 8 rods, it took much longer than planned - the whole of Sunday afternoon. Being the incredibly kind and loving person that N is, she drilled all the holes and put the brackets up while I washed and dried the curtains. The result was just what we had hoped for. My mom was absolutely thrilled. She couldn't stop thanking us for our hard work. Even when I left for work this morning she stuck her head out the door saying how nice it was to wake up in such a nice house.
...
The next step to updating my mom's house is to paint (the inside only). For the amount of paint that we need the cost is going to be quite high so we have to wait for a couple of weeks. In the mean time during lunch I got her a new duvet cover set and a few other goodies. So this should make her even happier.
....
I'm surprised that my mom is open to all these changes. Usually she doesn't like to change things and spend money on the aesthetics of her house. She likes things to be clean and neat but growing up she was poor so she just never liked having fancy and expensive things in her house when she was able to - she's a very humble person.
...
N and I had another chat about having children on Saturday. I seem to be feeling more open to it lately, maybe because I'm realising that I'm getting older (although 27 is not old) or maybe because I'd really like to have a family with N. For a chunk of our relationship we've had to think of my mom as well as us when doing things, so this would be a similar situation I think, with a few exceptions of course.
...
I cannot wait to be married, to call myself the wife of such an incredible person. This weekend I again was given the opportunity to see what a privilege it will be to marry N. She has such patients with me and with certain aspects of our relationship. And her kindness well exceeds my expectations. I will walk hand in hand with her and proudly show her off at any given opportunity - my love, my rock, my sweet.
Sounds like you had a productive weekend! So sweet as always for doing so much for your Mom. I am very excited that you are getting closer to being a wife to the wonderful N. Your love is strong and you two deserve eachother!
ReplyDelete