It's been a busy morning already. I've already had a friend of the family (more an old friend of my dad's) come see me at work. He's very concerned about my mom. He visits her on a weekly basis and brings her little things like fruit juice & chocolate and sometimes gives her money if she needs. He says she's become quite negative lately (which I've noticed for some time now) which she never used to be. I explained to him how difficult its been over the last week and how stubborn she has become. Neither of us came up with any solutions, but I did realise that I have to have more patients with her. I don't mean to but sometimes I come across as very hard and uncaring which I am definitely not. And an outsider would maybe see me as just that but until you're in the situation you'll never understand what its like. Everything I do for my mom I do with her best interests at heart, she doesn't always realise that but one day I hope that she will.
Our dinner last night was good. There was lots of laughing and joking around, so it was quite enjoyable. My cooking on the other hand wasn't at its all time best, I made too little sauce for the amount of pasta that I used, but it worked out ok. While we were eating we were talking about N's family not been overly involved in her life and she mentioned that that was the reason for her decision to change her surname to mine once we're married. I don't think my mom heard what we were talking about but my brother and his girlfriend were so surprised, they just figured that I'd take N's surname. When my brother and his girlfriend get married obviously she too will take his surname, she also mentioned that her daughter will take the same surname. So we'll be one big happy ____ family.
On the wedding front the only news I have is about our rings. I was referred to a jewellery designer a week or two ago. We spoke over the phone and she said that we should meet in May to discuss the ring further and to view the other ring. Unfortunately she won't be able to design N's ring as she doesn't work with titanium but luckily I found another designer who will make N's ring to exact specifications and she isn't charging an arm & a leg. I just need to think of something special and unique to get engraved on the inside of her ring.
No comments:
Post a Comment