Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A grey bride?

That's what I feel like I might end up being! Not that I've got any grey hair yet but with all the stress and pressure I'm sure its bound to come soon. I've just finished working out our budget - everything that we'll spend down to the last rand for the next five months and it's scary to say the least. If we were just doing the wedding it would be more than fine but with a two week honeymoon to pay for as well its damn difficult.
....
I called N in a panic saying that we'll be able to afford it all but we'll have nothing left over for any extras - not even a pair of socks! This honestly scares me, as a person who likes to be prepared for anything and have a little stashed away for a rainy day, it seriously makes me nervous. It's also my mom's birthday in April and mine in May so I was hoping for a little extra but we'll just have to make do with minimal entertainment and gifts.
.....
I got an email again from Y (the bridesmaid) asking yet again when she needs to pay the money for the material for the dress. I get the feeling that she doesn't really want to be a bridesmaid, and that is totally fine with me, she must just let me know before I spend anymore money on her. I know it sounds like I'm being mean but I'm not up for someone who isn't really interested in being involved in our wedding.
....
N's ring got delivered today and although it looks so good, I think they sent me the wrong size. On the website they give a sizing chart which I used to compare one of N's other rings to. But this ring doesn't seem anything close the correct size. When I called them they said we have to go to a jeweller and get her finger measured and see what the size is. I actually want to just send it back and get it from the more reliable company who said they'd do the engraving free of charge. Here's what it looks like:

Look at this little cutie! She's so camera shy, I rarely get a shot of her looking at me. My little senior puppy (11 yrs old).

No comments:

Post a Comment