I can't believe how expensive weddings are, it's insane! I don't want to imagine how much people who have double our guest count are spending. We're having 60 guests and have by no means gone overboard or even close on anything. Our decor is simple, our attire isn't over the top, our cake is simple, our stationery is DIY.... The only things that are a bit extravagant (and could be cheaper for a lesser quality outcome) are my rings and the photographer, but those are two things that we'll have for the rest of your lives - the rings I'll wear everyday and the photo's are the memories of the day so they have to be good.
As I mentioned above, our cake is simple. It consists of two tiers, the top being chocolate and the bottom caramel fudge. The cake topper will be sugar roses and the same sugar roses will be at the base of the cake. When we went for the tasting in July last year we couldn't have been happier, it was delicious and the baker was a very friendly and creative woman. The cake will be placed on a large upside down clear glass dish and inside will be battery operated fairy lights (as seen on Who's Wedding Is It Anyway).
No comments:
Post a Comment