After that we managed to get to a couple of suit hire places, we weren't entirely happy with what we found so considered buying the suit instead (yet again). We went to another couple of places on Saturday one of which was more promising but we wanted to carry on looking. Later on we actually found a suit and bought it! But it was a cheap suit and its easy to see that the material is of an inferior quality. The up side is that the fit is perfect. Perfect style, perfect length of jacket, perfect fit of pants, just shitty material. I've since thought of asking my dress maker if she cannot make an exact replica of the suit in a good quality material. We have an appointment with her tonight to see what we can do.
Other things that we got done was a load of shopping. I came up with a few idea's for the ceremony and bought the supplies for that - Potted Moss Covered Balls. I also found another clutch, which I had to buy. I know I already bought one but I'll give that to J as part of her maid of honour gift. This is the one I got:
...
For the first time ever N had a gynecologist appointment on Saturday morning. She went in and an hour and a half later was still not out. I started to feel a bit uneasy and worried, it turns out I had reason to be. She has to go for an operation on Wednesday. Apparently she has Endometriosis and due to this has to have two investigative procedures as well as another procedure to better the Endometriosis. She's never been admitted to hospital or had any kind of operation so I'm sure she's a bit nervous. I, on the other hand, am seriously nervous! It might only be a routine procedure but just being under anaesthetic makes me a little scared. She has to be at the hospital at 06:00 on Wednesday morning....... way too early for my liking. Luckily my boss let me take the day off as I wouldn't want anyone else to take her (even though to my amazement her mom offered), I want to be there for her.
Some time ago we bought a bunch of seeds to plant in our little vegetable garden. We currently have spinach, broccoli, tomatoes and aubergine plants. After neglecting the garden for a while I found a few nice surprises - two huge aubergine's and a head of broccoli. Wholesome organic vegetables - perfect! I'm thinking of making Eggplant Parmigiana with the aubergine and probably Broccoli & Feta Soup with the broccoli.
My mom's blood tests came back normal, so today she was going to go back to the doc to see what else it could be.
...
Saturday night we went to a house warming party. The house was amazing, overlooking a big dam and was just beautiful. Shortly after we arrived double shots of Tequila made their rounds. That was just the begining! Needless to say the following morning I had a hangover of note, despite my best efforts of taking a load of vitamins (vit C, vit B, Cruciale, Ponado - to name a few) the night before to ward off the hangover. As per usual my love took such good care of me, not that I would ever expect anything less from her. I'm more in love with her than ever!
Sounds like you had productive weekend! Love the clutch, i can see how you couldnt resist! N will be fine, i'm sure the surgery will go well (impressed with how quickly they are getting it taken care of) and you will have a happy and HEALTHY almost wife!
ReplyDeleteI know I was impressed too. I would say my mom's case is much more severe but they take forever to get anything done with her.
ReplyDeleteI just want to get it over with so I can take her home and take care of her.