We bought a few things:
N's tie and her best men's ties
N's cuff links
The cutest pair of blue lacy Calvin Klein undies (which are light enough to not be seen through my dress)
A clutch, which I thought was totally unnecessary being the bride and all but what would everything (make-up, perfume, mints, etc) go into if not into a clutch?
We also tried looking for shirts but didn't find anything that we liked. I thought I was difficult to shop for, but N is even worse. We found a woman's suit that was in a stone colour and after some convincing I got N to try the jacket on and it fit like a glove! She looked so sexy in it and it looked like it was made for her, but she refused to get it. Even though it was a very light stone colour she is set against anything that isn't white. So the search continues...
Today I ordered the best men's gifts. One will get an engraved hip flask and the other will get an engraved pocket knife. Each will also get the tie that they'll be wearing on the day and a cigar.
On Friday I called my mom to see how she was doing and to tell her about the visit that I had had earlier and we were talking about getting her treatment and how much it was going to cost. I told her I'd check her bank account while we were talking and by some miracle as the account details opened there it was - a surplus payment from an insurance. We were so shocked and relieved that we were both almost in tears. I left work early to pick her up and take her for her treatment and to our amazement there was another surprise in store for us - the medication cost 1/3 less that we had expected to pay. It really was a good day! I took her again on Saturday and Sunday morning for her treatment and got my brother to take her today and tomorrow. It's only for five days so it'll be finished then.
As the wedding gets closer I get more nervous. I am not out at work and although I've been here for 8 years I'm a pretty private person. My colleagues are curious and ask about N and the wedding but I've always just allowed them to believe that N is a man. I have never mentioned her name so they have picked a fictitious name which they use when referring to her. I know that I'll have to let them know sometime especially since they'll all want to see the wedding pictures, but I wish I wouldn't have to, after all it's my personal life and it's got nothing to do with any of them! We have a client who is gay and after hearing some of the comments that my ever-so-friendly colleagues made about her, I'm even more nervous. I don't really care what they think since I don't hold any of them in a high regard but I still have to work here and don't want it to be an uncomfortable environment.
No comments:
Post a Comment