Thursday, March 12, 2009

Winter is on its way

We've decided on the final place for our last two nights of our honeymoon. I got the quote this morning and its even better than we had expected so we're booking it. It's a gorgeous apartment on the third floor right on the beach front. I found another place which was totally gorgeous and luxurious but it was not in the right location or close enough to the beach. Being from Joburg and never getting to see the sea so I want to be as close to it as possible. I want to wake up to the sound of the waves and the smell of the ocean....... I can't wait!

I've been giving the bridal shower some more thought since I'm not very busy at work at the moment. I'm definitely considering having a lunch at a casual outdoor restaurant, although it will still technically be winter I don't think it would be too cold. I don't want the focus to be on gifts bought, dressing up and silly little games, that's really not for me. Sure I want gifts but I want things like gift vouchers, since all we've been doing is spending on the wedding I haven't shopped for clothing in so long and want some nice stuff for our honeymoon.

We're heading for winter quite steadily. The mornings are beginning to get chilly and the evenings as well. I don't mind though since I'm looking forward to cuddling up to N to keep me warm. Other things I love about winter are things like being able to wear closed shoes all the time, sleeping with socks, hot chocolate and comfort food.

We haven't been walking after work this week and it feels so liberating. We get everything (washing, dishes, cooking, showering) done earlier, get to eat dinner earlier, its so much nicer, but its not going to last. We have to get out asses in gear and start again.

Today would have been my dad's birthday. He would have been 57. I spoke to my mom this morning and she seemed fine so I don't have to rush home and comfort her like last time. So tonight we're having my brother, his girlfriend and her daughter over for dinner in order to keep my mom's mood a bit lighter and happier. On the menu will be two of my dad's favourites - Fettuccine Alfredo and Malva Pudding. I'm looking forward to good food, good wine and being with my family.

Last night I had some spare time on my hands, with N being out for the night. So I did these - my something blue (I'm not sure if I'll be sticking to that tradition) and a little frame with a photo of my dad that I want to have with me when I walk down the isle. I wanted to have his picture in a locket but haven't been able to find one.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you this morning, and it being your dads birthday. Wishing you a day filled with love, remeberance, and a nice time with your family. Good job being there for your Mom, you are a good daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Kind words like yours really mean so much more than you could imagine.

    ReplyDelete